Dave Clarke “the Baron of techno” feature Heliopause on the new fabric 60 mix, looking forward to this beauty, awesome!
Clarke, once dubbed “the Baron of techno” by the BBC’s John Peel, has long specialized in the darkest and toughest strains of club music, from his breakthrough Red Series 12-inches in the ’90s to his DJ sets around world today. fabric 60 shows him running at full tilt. “I wanted to have a gothic and bass heavy start that represented the sonic characteristics that Room 2 is capable of handling,” he says. “It’s all pretty dark though and I think it represents the edgier side of club music that you only get to hear in clubs that care.” Rather than looking back on old favourites, Clarke sticks mostly to records from the past two or three years. Though techno is the order of the day, he also finds a place for one of his other fetishes: electro. “Fabric is one place that can truly appreciate that.”
- 01. Raudive – Shiver
- 02. Crotaphytus – Cnemidophorus Sexlineatus (The Mr. Pauli Monster Bass Guitar Remix)
- 03. Tommy Four Seven – Armed 3
- 04. Marc Romboy vs. Paris The Black Fu – Dark N Lovely (Kenny Larkin Remix)
- 05. Ray 7 & Malik Alston – I.D.F.D.F.I.
- 06. Cristiano Balducci – Pride
- 07. Cute Heels – Silence Complot
- 08. Stephane Signore – Sacrifice (Radical G – 2k11 Edit)
- 09. Gesaffelstein – Aufstand
- 10. Scape One – Time Falls (Dynarec Remix)
- 11. Exzakt – Clarity (Lethal Agent Remix)
- 12. Sync 24 – We Rock Non-Stop (Heuristic Audio Remix)
- 13. Heliopause – Destination Planet Earth
- 14. Dez Williams – Foreign Object
- 15. Clatterbox – Coolicon
- 16. w1b0 – Alternate Sequence
- 17. Baz Reznik – The Attic
Fabric will release Fabric 60 in the UK on October 17, 2011.
Pre order your copy here